At Trade Secret, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about how we use your personal information.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store(s) or visit us online provides information about the following:
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure that your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
How do we use your data?
Trade Secret (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data to:
- Provide goods and services to you
- Make a tailored website available to you
- Manage any accounts that you hold with us
- Verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- Contact you electronically about promotional offers, products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes to better understand your needs
- Enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- Disclose your information where we have a legal right or duty (such as an investigation by a public authority or legal dispute)
In Marketing (promotional communications)
Trade Secret uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes with your consent and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest offers/news. We aim to only update you about products and services that are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or using the ‘STOP’ option for texts
- Contacting Trade Secret via email@example.com
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and instore and your response to marketing communications. The results of this analysis alongside other demographic data allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do this we may use software and other technology (automated processing). However, Trade Secret will not provide any information of this nature to any third party that could identify you as an individual. Trade Secret reserves the right to store and retain any personal data that is submitted by you via the website or other means for a reasonable length of time. By using and registering with our website you consent to the collection and use of this information by Trade Secret
Do we share your data with third parties?
In order to make some services available to you. we may need to share your personal data with some of our trusted service partners. These include but are not limited to IT, delivery and marketing service providers. Trade Secret only allows these service providers to handle your personal data when they have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls – and only for the purposes we have agreed with them.
We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies or individuals. We will only share data outside of these terms where we are legally obliged or permitted to.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you: www.trade-secret.co.uk offers the opportunity for its visitors to submit their details via a newsletter sign up form (e.g. to request a newsletter with the latest news and deals to be sent to their email). The purpose of collecting personal data is to deliver a better service or to provide you with information on new stock, upcoming sales and promotions that you may find of interest. Members of Trade Secret get special deals and offers first before they are released to the public.
- From this website: Understanding the way you interact with our site is very important to us which is why we monitor site traffic using cookies and use the information to enhance our site’s overall design, layout and functionality. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
Personal information that we may collect includes but is not limited to:
- Your name/age/date of birth/gender
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email addresses
- Purchase and orders made by you
- Your online browsing activities on our website
- Your password/account log in information
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with Trade Secret
We do not knowingly collect data relating to children and our website is not intended for children. The above list is not exhaustive and in some circumstances we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the data that we collect is collected directly (for example, when you set up an account with us or register for emails) and some is collected indirectly (for example, your browsing or shopping activity).
We won’t collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
How do we keep your data secure?
In accordance with GDPR, the ePrivacy regulation and other related legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us in order to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
At any time, you have the right to:
- Ask what personal data we hold about you
- Ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect data that we hold
- Opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
What’s our legal basis for processing personal customer data?
Trade Secret collects and uses personal data only when it is necessary and inline with the legitimate interests of both us as a retailer and you as the customer. This includes but is not limited to:
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for a sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
- The sale and supply of goods and services to our customers
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Handling customer queries, contact, complaints or disputes
Customers have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data once consent is withdrawn.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that is place on your computer or other device as you browse a website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our website. Cookies are essential for the operation of our website and to help you shop online with us. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you – both on our website and elsewhere.
If you disable cookies then the website may not operate properly. If you only disable third party cookies then you will not be prevented from using/purchasing on our site. Disabling all cookies will prevent you from using/purchasing on our site.
How can you contact us with any problems or questions?
If you have any questions about how Trade Secret uses your personal data that have not been answered here or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data then please contact us in writing.
As mentioned above, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com or, alternatively, you can write to us at the below address. Please direct your letter towards the ‘Marketing and Online Department’.
Trade Secret, Unit 6 Twyford Mill, Oxford Road, Adderbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 3SX.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information, including contact details, visit https://ico.org.uk/.
When was this policy updated?